Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Facial mole removed by a plastic surgeon or dermatologist?

My facial mole is about 1/2 centimeter in diameter and it's located at the bridge of my nose near my eye. A plastic surgeon charges me $350 to get it removed and a dermatologist charges $200. I heard a plastic surgeon is preferred when getting a facial mole removed because they are trained and have the experience to give you a result with minimal scarring. What do you guys suggest I should do?Facial mole removed by a plastic surgeon or dermatologist?
i agree go to a plastic surgeon its better to be safe than sorryFacial mole removed by a plastic surgeon or dermatologist?
I work in surgery and I've seen many nice wound closures by doctors other than plastic surgeons. As a matter of fact, my dermatologist removed a growth from my back in February and the scar is not visible. If the mole is small enough that your dermatologist can do it in the office I would consider it.
That's a tough one I think I'd stick to the dermatologist because it's a mole and he's likely removed more then the plastic surgeon - I am pretty sure he will ensure you won't scar as well as the other doctor - and if he felt it was out of his 'hands' with a scar he may send you to the surgeon anyway.





If it's raised it will be biopsied anyway to ensure it's just a simple mole - I have had a lot of moles removed by a general MD and Dermatologist. I'm still here to give advice.
dermatologist
i had one removed by my dermatologist and i had no scar left...

No comments:

Post a Comment