Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Is my dermatologist right on facial skin care?

M dermatologist told me that when the skin on our face becomes dry and flaky, we should NOT apply moisteriser as that makes the flakes of dead skin stick back down and clogs the pores. Instead, she said it is better to apply nothing to the face that night, so the skin can renew itself or to apply a very light serum. I was astonished as I thought the answer to dry flaking skin was to moisterise. Is she right or is she talking nonsense? I thought a serum moisterised anyway?Is my dermatologist right on facial skin care?
Your dermatologist is right. Moisturiser is to stop dry flaky skin from occurring in the first place not to cure it. If your skin is flaking moisturiser won't cure it, you have to wait for the skin to flake off. Your skin renews itself naturally while you sleep. Gentle exfoliating helps, but be careful not to over exfoliate as this can irritate the skin underneath.Is my dermatologist right on facial skin care?
She might be right, but I never heard of such a thing really. I would use some gentle face scrub, and cream for my face type.





My skin was very dry, and I fixed the problem with good creams in short time. First I used Murad, which was pretty expensive, then I changed to seba med, which are very good products as well. Check more info on link below.
Mostly true. ALL skin needs moisturizer, even oily skin, because when you wash your face, you're depleting it of moisture it needs to repair itself.





The best thing for you to do for dry, flaky skin (as long as your skin isn't terribly sensitive) would be to get a product with a low level of glycolic acid. It will make you peel quite a bit initially, but it will remove the dead skin and aid in the healing process.





The next thing is to get on a good skin care regimen. Avoid harsh gel cleansers and stick to hydrating creamy cleansers. Aveda makes a great line for dry skin and it's all natural, too.





Serums can be a bit different from moisturizers, actually, depending on which type you're talking about. Serums are a more concentrated direct treatment, but are generally not designed to be used all over your face as a daily treatment because they can clog your pores.





There's also another great line by Peter Thomas Roth. They have a product called Botanical Buffing Beads, which is the best exfoliant I've ever used on myself or anyone else. The exfoliating beads are made of jojoba, which break down with water and actually become a second wash to help clean off your skin of the dry skin and impurities the exfoliation just removed.
dermatologist cant be wrong


//

No comments:

Post a Comment