Monday, April 26, 2010

Hirsutism-How long will I have to take spironolactone and at what dose before i notice my facial hair fading?

I have alot of dark coarse chin hairs. I have read alot about spironolactone helping alot with getting this under control. But at what dose, and for how long until I would start to notice a difference? also, does it lower blood pressure a whole lot? I naturally have low blood pressure so I hope it will be ok for me to take for hirsutism. thanksHirsutism-How long will I have to take spironolactone and at what dose before i notice my facial hair fading?
The spironolactone (generic for Aldactone) would have to be taken for an indefinite period of time in order to help with controling the hirsutism. The lowest dosage they have for the medication is at 50 mg and the highest they can go is to around 200 mg.





When I first went on it thru the brand name Aldactone I was put on it at 100 mgs per day when I started to notice improvement. It didn't affect my BP by dropping it any lower.





I would recommend getting back in touch with your doctor to see what they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment