Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pregnancy and use of facial cleanser, is it harmful?

I'm 15 weeks on the way now and I've been avoiding beauty products that has whitening ingredients coz I know they can have negative effects on the baby's development. But one the other day, someone told me that even facial wash can contain chemicals that are harmful for my baby, even if it's not for whitening whatsoever. Is this true?Pregnancy and use of facial cleanser, is it harmful?
Not that I have heard. It's going on your skin,not in your tummy. But if it still worries you ask your doc or midwife.Pregnancy and use of facial cleanser, is it harmful?
proactive is not suppose to be used during pregnancy, my sister loves it but had to give it up during pregnancy, because the doctor said.
I don't know if I'm missing something, but isn't facial cleanser for your face, whereas your baby is in your womb, ie, nowhere near your face? I wouldn't worry about it - think about times before everything on the planet could have negative effects on you just thinking about it let alone using it/eating it/drinking it/etc!! We all came out ok, so quit worrying. I'm sure it'll be fine. If in doubt, just remember everything is ok in moderation. Like you won't get a heart attack from eating chips, but if all you eat is greasy chips, your chances greatly increase. Don't worry! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment